Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Redemption



Saw the movie "Walk the Line" the other evening in my home. Got me checking out the web for Johnny Cash songs. If you haven't heard this one or known that Cash was a significant Christian, then it is a good one to listen to.

"I have been a professional entertainer," said Cash, at a 1989 Graham crusade in his home state of Arkansas. "My personal life and problems have been widely publicized. There have been things said about me that made people ask, 'Is Johnny Cash really a Christian?'

"Well, I take great comfort in the words of the apostle Paul who said, 'What I will to do, that I do not practice. But what I hate, that I do.' And he said, 'It is no longer I who do it, but the sin that dwells within me. But who,' he asks, 'will deliver me from this body of death?' And he answers for himself and for me, 'Through Jesus Christ the Lord.' "

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home